Monday, May 4, 2009

A Good Monday


Today in the studio, I took pictures of new print fabrics for my spring/summer collection. These fabrics are very fun, unique and wearable. View all the fabrics on my website http://www.cjpatterns.com/.


They are Rayon/LYCRA "ITY" fabrics. The ITY stands for Interlock Twist Yarns. All we need to know about that is that it makes these fabrics drape incredibly well. It won't cling, does not wrinkle and will feel wonderful on your body.

The garments you make with this fabric will be the same ones you see at Saks for hundreds of dollars. It feels rich! A wrap dress comes instantly to mind.

There are also two very unique ruffled, block print fabrics from a new resource in Quebec. The one draped on the mannequin above is a beauty. They are just a taste from this fabric source that will be a main supplier for my fall/winter fabric collection. Their fabrics are beyond gorgeous and the quality is impeccable.

I am looking forward to being a part of the redesign of my website this Friday. I will learn to make changes and updates myself and hope to make the site look and feel more like "me"!

2 comments:

  1. You're right, the new fabrics are incredible. Such fun colors and prints. I know if I was a sewer, I'd buy them lol. This blog of yours is fun and surely interesting, good luck and keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is gorgeous. I just bought some of your 2009 ruffled fabric, any chance of getting this one in for Spring 2010?

    ReplyDelete